Things To Do in the Fall:
- Keep watering your lawn and shrubs throughout the fall months or until the first hard freeze. The plant material needs the moisture to help them survive the dry fall season.
- Use high nitrogen fertilizer in late fall when the weather is cool. This will help ensure a lush green lawn in the spring.
- Apply Gypsum on areas of your lawn that receive large amounts of salt. This will help prevent burning in the spring.
- Rake and mow any leaves that fall on the ground. Large amounts of leaves left on your lawn and gardens will create mildew in the spring (and a soggy mess).
- Cover tea and hybrid roses with mulch or straw to protect them from winter freeze and winds.